We talk about having a green/sustainable campus, but what does that mean within the context of waste, stewardship and conservation? At present, the school does not have an operational definition for circularity and zero waste for YorkU campus. The circular campus initiative will be a student and faculty driven campaign – having the York community directly inform what circularity means to them, and what a circular campus should look like.
The goal of this initiative is to drive research that can contribute to broader policy discussions surrounding circular systems and sustainable end of life waste management practices.
Learn more about the Circular Economy Below:
What is the circular economy?
- Tools and Resources
- Examples of circularity from around the world
- Case Study 1 (Investing in the Circular Economy)
- Case Study 2 (Companies leading the way)
- Case Study 3 (Is the Circular Economy shrinking?)
- Case Study 4 (10 examples of Circular Economy solutions)
- Case Study 5 (Is the Circular Economy a business opportunity?)
- Case Study 6 (9 examples of businesses embracing the CE transition)